Thirteen years ago this month, Jim and I were a couple of kids in college headed on our first big trip together – Paris, France. We were poor college students, so we mostly stuck to eating French street food rather than at fancy 5-star restaurants, but we did make a few dining splurges during the trip. One evening we happened upon a little hole-in-the-wall fondue restaurant as we were strolling through the Saint-Germain-des-Pres District. I don’t even remember what it was called and I doubt I’ll ever be able to find it again but it will remain one of my favorite meals with my husband.
- I love this vintage yellow fondue pot from Haus1215 and here’s a recipe for a classic french fondue.
- Sip a classic Saint-Germain and champagne cocktail.
- Whip up some of these easy french pastry puffs filled with ice-cream and covered in chocolate for dessert.
- There’s no need to get overly dressed up for a date-night-in but that doesn’t mean you should be wearing your sweats either! Stay comfortable but looked polished with this French-style sailor shirt from J.Crew.
- I got a pair of these white jeans from J.Crew last spring and I love, love, love them! They are comfortable, hold their shape and they go with EVERYTHING!
- Amelie is one of my favorite quirky romantic comedies. It’s funny, sweet, romantic and very French!
- Lighting a candle (or more) instantly adds romance to an evening. Especially a candle that smells as amazing as these candles by diptyque.
- I love these Pointed D’Orsay Flats from Old Navy. So cute and currently on sale for $23!